I’m a priest with the Paulist Fathers.
My mission is to share the joy of my Catholic faith here in North America in the 21st century. The Paulists were founded in New York City in 1858 as a community of missionary priests who sought to share their Catholic faith across the nation.
I am presently assigned to St. Austin Catholic Parish in Austin, Texas.
I’m from Texas, and I have family throughout the Americas and in Europe.
I’m the oldest of three and was raised in Houston, Texas. My father is from Colombia and my mother is from Pennsylvania. Their paths converged at graduate school in Cleveland, OH. I have close relatives in four states, Colombia, and four European countries.
I’ve served in many parishes across six cities in the United States during my seminary formation.
St. Matthias: Lanham, MD (Fall 2018 – Spring 2020)
- Prepared people of all ages for the Sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, and Marriage.
- Assisted with food distribution for families during the COVID-19 crisis.
Cathedral of St. Andrew: Grand Rapids, MI (Fall 2017 – Summer 2018)
- Taught various courses at the Catholic Information Center
- Offered RCIA in Spanish and youth ministry classes in English.
- Served on the diocesan Hispanic Pastoral Plan Committee.
USCF Medical Center Spiritual Care Services: Chaplain Intern (Summer 2017)
- Chaplain Intern for the Cardiovascular Thoracic Unit.
- In residence at Old St. Mary’s, San Francisco.
Shrine of the Sacred Heart: Washington, DC (Fall 2015 – Summer 2017)
- Led RCIA in Spanish for adults and adolescents.
Paulist Center: Boston, MA (Summer 2016)
- In residence while studying Christology at Boston College.
St. Paul the Apostle: New York City (Summer 2015)
- Worked with the parish’s Apostolist Young Adult Ministry and twice-weekly soup kitchen.
Annunciation: Washington, DC (Fall 2014 – Spring 2015)
- Coordinated volunteering and spiritual activities for the Young Adults.
St. Thomas More Newman Center: Columbus, OH (Spring 2014)
- Assisted with various campus ministry programs.
I’ve been in school for a long time.
I recently graduated with an M.Div. at the Catholic University of America School of Theology and Religious Studies.